Saturday, November 16, 2013

CSI Case file 98

 
Hello everyone!
Boy, have we had an eventful week!
Every afternoon - thunderstorm, even some in the evening
and in the middle of the night. Let's just say that our
bed has been very crowded this week ;0)
This week's case file at CSI is so fun and bright - but it has
that most dreadful color in it - I know I'm not the only one
who dislikes purple right??!??!
But doesn't it look lovely? I can see me sleeping in a bedroom like this!
I might have to add this picture to my reno list!
 
Here is my take on the case file.
I choose buttery yellow as the predominant colour.
I simply mottled some acrylic paint onto my background
paper with a thick brush. I liked how it
turned out with the uneven tones and the fact that you cans see
the background paper underneath - it's like
a cheap way of masking ;0)


I mad a pocket out of patterned paper where I put my
journaling strips. I talk about how difficult
it is to get a decent photo of the 4 kid - but how much
I love this one because I can see their personalities shining through!
The paper clip is one of many I picked up from Officeworks - don't
tell anyone but I'm slightly obsessed with that shop!
The heart is so cute and way too easy to use - I find myself adding one or two to just
about every layout now! They're from
 
 
 
 
The polaroid frames and camera is from a Crafter's Workshop
stencil I got from Artified this fabulous
mixed media store. I got the gelatos from there also which I have
used to colour in the stencilled images.
I've also used 2 Crafty chipboard film strip and
The Trinket Track resin flowers.



Could it be that maybe I am starting to loose my
fear of purple??? Hmmm...maybe ;0)
 
Thanks so much for dropping by!
Monica
xoxo
 

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the clouds and loveeeeeeeee the banner!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

I'm going to have a go at this ones imply cos it has purple!!!!! Gotta overcome the fear, eh?? !!! LOOOVE your yellow & the little frame you've drawn is fabbo:):):) I really, really like this one:):):))

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Your layout is brilliant! I love the colours here! Awesome!

Kerryn said...

LOL you are most definitely not alone in your feelings about purple. You've well and truly rocked it here though. Love it!

Chantalle said...

Super cute - love your bright colours and stencil work x