Friday, November 8, 2013

CSI case file 96

 
Hello everyone!
Boy, it's been a hectic week - I had hoped to find
a bit more time to scrap but I have been busy as a bee!
Have you seen this week's case file over at CSI
Make sure you follow the link since I can't upload an image
for the case file - ah, computer! You truly don't like me.
I think it might be time for an upgrade :0/
Well, the colours are very rich:
Red, buttery yellow, grey, black and white
here is my layout. I wanted to keep the design simple
and let the colours do the talking!
 

 
I drew some wavy lines, adhered alpha stickers over the top and then
added a final layer of yellow chalk to make the journaling pop.
CSI focuses a lot on journaling - something I don't do a lot of
so I really wanted to get back to the roots of recording
memories through journaling.
Here, I have used some builder's mesh and layers of patterned
paper and washi tape.
 
 
 
Breaking out some flair as well as a chippy arrow
and baker's twine.
 
 
 
I hope you can play along this week!
We have such a friendly community, we love seeing
all the beautiful work in the gallery.
We also have new members of our design team so make
sure you come and say hi to them!
Thanks so much for dropping by!
Monica
xoxo

7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Yup, this is my kinda page...perfection! Love the way you've journaled ...just perfect:):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and love love love the title work!!!!

Cathy said...

Love this Mon, especially love your cool journaling!! xx

Linda Eggleton said...

Love the way you've done your title on the wavy lines...gorgeous layout!

Heather McMahon said...

Gosh - I ADORE these colours! Drop dead gorgeous! Love the journalling too.

Chantalle said...

Love how you've done your title! Hope your Dad is doing ok??

Kerryn said...

Love the way you've done the title! Fabulous!