Monday, October 21, 2013

Catching up!

 
Why do I feel like I'm constantly catching
up lately? I usually try to get myself
organized and working on a weekly roster but lately
it's just not happening!!
The work just seems to pile up and up!
 
So, it makes perfect sense to get a new Dog right now, right?
Ha! We have been thinking and planning to get a
new puppy for a while now. Well, when we saw this
little guy at a Breeder's kennel, we fell in love with him.
He is a 5 month old Shar Pei, who unfortunately for him, is not
"show" quality. So, he was left behind while his Brothers and Sisters
went to good homes. We couldn't stand for that so we
"adopted" him on the weekend!
He is a well behaved boy, already toilet trained and understands
basic commands. He loves to be around people and
has already made himself at home.
I can see a few scrappy pages featuring "Fred" coming soon!
 

Scrappy wise, I have been left behind at
Monopoly challenge. I'm only up to week 2 and the
week 4 challenges have been revealed!
Better late than never I suppose!
So, week 2 challenge for me was to use:
*Chevron
*Stars
* Handmade embellies
I've used a lot of chevron and just a splash of stars and
a handmade sculpey flag.
 
 
 
 
I've given all my chipboard and metal a coat
of gesso - isn't it amazing how just
a swipe of primer can make such a difference to an embellie?
 
 
The background is all glimmermist and texture paste.
I blotted the glimmermist with a tissue to give more of a
watercolour effect.
I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil for the chevron with
texture paste for added depth.
Once it dried, I coloured it with chalk sticks.

 
I have something exciting to share also!
Well, it is for me anyway! I got the wonderful
Em Stafrace to give my store blog
a makeover! We gotta look a bit professional right?
I would love it if you popped in here
and had a look!
Thanks so much for dropping by, I really
appreciate your lovely comments!
Monica
xoxo
 


6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh Fred is adorable, I hope he will bring many wonderful years of friendship to your family! Your layout is fabulous, I love the mustache ticket at the bottom and love the back ground textures too!!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOL.....nooooot funny, getting a dog when YOU haven't got time to scratch yourself [sorry - had to say it!!!]....but then when IS the right time, I guess......& yep, your gessoed up bits & bobs look fabulous here......as does your WONDERFUL new blog makeover.....very nice indeedy:):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwww Fred is adorable!!! YAY for new doggy's!!!! I love love love your lo!! LOVING the colors, the chevrons, the zigzags!! Just FABULOUS!!!!

Lynette said...

Your Fred is adorable. I had a grey Sharpei called Smokey. His back failed and we had to put him down after 8 years...I still miss him.

Your layout is gorgeous.

sue said...

Hi Monica, Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog!! I love this layout and your others! Great textures and your writing shows such a sense of humour!! Fred is a cutie too! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

What a cute puppy!!! I love your layout - wonderful texture! :D